The awards say that it hopes to highlight the need to recognise diversity and the inclusive behaviours of the industry. The deadline for entries is Friday, 23 September.
The awards ceremony will take place in November at an exclusive venue in central London.
The awards were launched in 2010 as the natural progression of the Women in Marketing network, which was founded six years earlier by Ade Onilude. It was originally part of the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
The awards are open to global entries, with previous winners hailing from across:
- the United States of America
- South America
- The Middle East, and
According to WiM, the popularity of the awards grew globally — resulting in entries opening up to international submissions in 2017. Today, an exclusive group of 140 people across the globe hold WiM Awards, including:
- Nicola Mendelshon from Facebook
- Mzamo Masito from Google Africa
- Norkor Duah from MullenLowe Accra
- David Grier from AdWeek
- Amanda Turnbull from Discovery Networks
- Aline Santos from Unilever
- Karen Blackett from MediaCom, and
- Antonio Lucio formerly from HP.
The awards say that it aims to reflect industry and societal trends every year to recognise innovative work. The 2022 awards will introduce three new categories:
The Innovation Marketer of the Year Award
The award aims to reflect the growth of:
- immersive technologies such as AR, VR and AI
- NFT emerging industries, and
- fields to which marketing makes new ground.
This award also recognises the female individuals driving the change creating new links between marketing and technology, says WiM.
The Creative Marketer of the Year Award
The award aims to highlight the vital role of creative bravery in today’s world of marketing. This award also recognises female marketing specialists on the client / brand side who have achieved results through “courageous creativity”.
Strategic Planner of the Year
The award aims to recognise the critical role of planners and strategists in the complex and volatile business environment, says WiM. This award additionally aims to recognise female planning and strategy specialists — both agency and client side.
Individuals are encouraged to view all award categories here.
The judging panel for the 2022 awards comprises of:
- Ifeoma Jibunoh-Dozie, group chief marketing officer at Cassava Technologies
- Taweni Gondwe-Xaba, chief growth officer at The Hardy Boys
- Claire Gillis, CEO of VMLY&Rx
- Henry Windridge, director of media and content (EEMEA) at Mastercard, and
- Alice Yu Yuebo of partnership and industry marketing at NCS Group Singapore.
Women in Marketing Awards WIM WIM submissions WIM entries 2022 Women in Marketing Awards Women in Marketing Marketing Marketing awards 2022 marketing awards Advertising Communications Advertising awards International awards Worldwide awards marketing advertising and communications Women Women’s Month