The event was broadcasted live by Halle B Berry and Dezz Lee on the award’s entertainment platform partner, TikTok.
Viewers at home got to be in on the action and be the first to see nominees arriving and being interviewed.
The highlights of the blue carpet included:
- Melanie Bala
- Robot Boii
- Bontle and Candice Modiselle
- Nadia Jaftha
- Donovan Goliath
- Kim Jayde
- Zanele Potelwa
- Banele Ndaba
- Chanley Wong
- Roxy Burger
- Coconut Kelz
- Chad Jones, and
- Tamara Dey.
Hosted by comedian, Loyiso Madinga, the awards aimed to bring to life some of the most viewed social media reels and videos in the form of an opening dance piece, choreographed by the Bontle Modiselle Dance Studio.
The awards show was produced by writer and director Nina Hastie, who also happened to be a nominee for the SOL Best Content Creator Award. It featured hilarious spoofs of DStv’s popular reality show, Real Housewives of Cape Town (aka Reel Housewives of DStv Content Creator Awards), which starred awards nominees Nadia Jaftha, Prev Reddy, Cassidy Nicholson and Nina Hastie.
The biggest winner of the evening was Nadia Jaftha, who not only bagged the DStv Content of the Year Award but also took home the Comedy Award and Thumb-stopping Award.
The full list of winners in their respective categories (in no particular order) include:
- Content of the Year Award presented by DStv— Nadia Jaftha
- SOL Best Content Creator Award — Lemii Loco
- Thumb-Stopping Award — Nadia Jaftha
- Emerging Kasi Content Creator Award — Ms Lanii
- Kasi Content Creator Award — Nathan Molefe
- Alter Ego Award — Coconut Kelz
- Comedy Award — Nadia Jaftha
- Cause Award — Siv Ngesi (Sanitary Pad Vending Machine)
- Netwerk24 Smaakmaker — Qman & Borrie
- How I Shot It Award — Donovan Goliath
- Social Commentary Award — Slaying Goliath
- Podcast of the Year — Our Love Journey With Mpoomy and Brendan
- Stitch Award — Yasien Fredericks
- Performance Award (Music / Dance) — Rudi Smit
- Film / Festival / Event Art Award — Daniel Rheed
- Pop Culture Art Award — Falko Fantastic
- Best Game / App Award presented by INJOZI — Savanna Cider Launches Gugu
- Best Influencer Campaign Award — My Kreepy Teacher (Retroviral)
- Fitness Award — Zinhle Masango
- Beauty Award — Phaello Tshabalala
- Fashion & Style Award — Kim Jayde
- Foodie Award — Lorna Maseko
- Automotive Award — Muzi Sambo Everything Cars, and
- Best Reaction Video presented by DStv — Nonto Rubushe.
Jaftha says, “It is an honour to win such an award and never in my wildest thoughts did I think that I would win three awards. Thank you to everyone who voted for me and to everyone who voted for any of the amazing content creators who were nominees in their respective categories.”
When accepting her Thumb-Stopping Award, Jaftha called her mom live on stage.
“These awards validate the hard work and determination that every single content creator in the room and those at home put into the content they create. I would like to thank every single creator, our title sponsor, DStv and all the other sponsors who put everything behind these awards,” adds Manuela Dias de Deus, CEO of the DStv Content Creator Awards.
“DStv is thrilled to be a partner to the awards where we see content creators starting to get some well-deserved recognition. As Africa’s most loved storyteller, we are excited at the prospect of recognising new age narrators and uplifting exceptional local talent,” adds Simon Camerer, chief operating officer at Multichoice South Africa.
“Congratulations to all the winners and nominees; this is just the beginning,” concludes Camerer.
The awards ended with a Bollywood challenge that got the audience ready for the epic afterparty, which was headlined by PH, FKA Mash, D’Phault and ReaDaSoul.
All winners received a bespoke trophy designed and created by Durban artist That Damn Vandal (@thatdamnvandal), which represents the uniqueness of each creator and their content, according to the awards.
DSTV Content Creator Awards DStv awards DStv Marketing awards DSTV Content Creator Award winners Content Creation Content creation awards #DStvCCA #ContentCreatorAwards #DStvReactionVideo Content creators