The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony on Saturday, 26 November in Parktown, Johannesburg.
Boni Mchunu, East Coast Radio’s managing director, says, “I’m very proud of my team and the effort to stay innovative and produce excellent work.”
“As East Coast Radio, we are thrilled to see talent, shows and ideas being recognised by the industry. We promise to continue to provide KwaZulu-Natal with an outstanding listening experience. My team and I are cautiously optimistic and hoping for a positive outcome,” concludes Mchunu.
The station has congratulated its nominees in the following categories:
- Station of the Year
- Best Breakfast Show in South Africa — Darren, Keri and Sky
- Best Afternoon Drive Presenter — J Sbu
- Best Daytime Show — Carol Ofori
- Best Internet Radio Show — East Coast Gold: Weekend Breakfast with Guy McDonald
- Best Internet Radio Show — East Coast Gold: The More Music Breakfast show with Gordon Graham
- Best Business and Finance Show — Business Watch
- Best Community Project — The Big Favour
- Best Night-Time Show — Mike V
- Best Promotions Stunt / Event — ‘V for Valentine’s Day’
- Best Promotion / Stunt — East Coast Radio Presenter Search
- Multi–Channel Promotion — Every Caller Wins
- Best Sports Presenter — Sky Tshabalala
- Best Station Imaging, and
- My Station — Most Votes.
For more information, visit www.ecr.co.za. You can also follow East Coast Radio on Facebook, Twitter or on Instagram.
East Coast Radio Radio Radio Awards 2022 Radio Awards Station of the Year Radio Station of the Year Radio Awards nominees South Africa’s radio industry Radio Awards nominees 2022 Radio news