“I am honoured to lead this esteemed committee and continue the work of highlighting effectiveness in marketing. The Effie Awards are a testament to the power of great marketing, and we look forward to recognising and celebrating outstanding campaigns that deliver real results,” says Jappie.
The committee is composed of a diverse range of industry professionals, including:
- marketers, and
- agency representatives.
The members of the new Effie South Africa Committee are:
- Anwar Jappie (Chair) — head of Industry at Google
- Elizabeth Mokwena — head of homecare at Unilever Africa
- Karabo Songo — non-exec director at The Brave Group
- Mathe Okaba — CEO at ACA
- Khensani Nobanda — group executive, marketing and corporate affairs at Nedbank
- Mpume Ngobese — co-managing director at Joe Public
- Kagiso Musi — group MD at Metamedia
- Silas Matlala — Independent Consultant and GIBS Lecturer
- Sibu Mabena — founder of Duma Collective
- Franco D’Onofrio — co-founder Twiga Communications
- Pete Case — CEO and creative chairperson at Ogilvy South Africa
- Sharon Bergmann — financial manager at ACA, and
- Zayd Abrahams — chief marketing and strategy officer at Tiger Brands.
Mathe Okaba, CEO of the ACA, welcomed the new committee members and chair to their roles, noting the increased representativity from the sector of the committee. Okaba says that the committee will be working towards growing the Effie brand in the market and adding value to the work of Effie in highlighting effectiveness in marketing.
Okaba adds, “We are excited to entrust the delivery of the annual Effie Awards programme to this esteemed committee. Alongside promoting Effie, they will be ensuring that the Effie South Africa and Nedbank IMC partnership is a success. We encourage marketers and agencies to enter their most effective campaigns.”
The committee is entrusted with delivering on the Effie mandate. They are expected to lead, inspire and champion the practice and practitioners of marketing effectiveness through:
- ever-evolving thought leadership initiatives, and
- first-class insights into marketing strategies that produce results.
The flagship event is the annual Effie Awards programme and promotes marketing effectively to marketers and agencies.
The committee will also be responsible for continuing and expanding the Effie dialogue series by facilitating industry debate on themes related to marketing and performance and the importance of effectiveness to industry leaders across the entire C-suite.
The Effie dialogue series says that it provides real-world examples of how cooperation and partnerships are key to effective marketing and communication campaigns.
Additionally, the committee will be ensuring that the Effie South Africa and Nedbank IMC partnership delivers a highly successful awards programme. The committee’s diverse expertise will be essential to achieving these goals and driving the growth of Effie in South Africa.
“We are grateful to the members of the new Effie South Africa Committee for their willingness to give back to the industry by taking on this important role. Being on a committee takes a lot of hard work and dedication, and we appreciate their time and efforts. We look forward to seeing the impact they will make in promoting and growing the Effie brand in South Africa,” concludes Okaba.
Entries will be accepted on the Effie Awards South Africa online entry platform from Thursday, 6 April to Wednesday, 14 June.
South African agencies, clients, media partners and start-ups are invited to submit their entries via the entry platform on the Effie Awards South Africa website.
For more information, visit www.effieawards.co.za. You can also follow the Effie Awards South Africa on Facebook, Twitter or on Instagram.
Effie Effie Awards Effie Awards South Africa Effie committee Effie SA announces new Effie Committee #EffieAwardsSA #MarketingUpClose #NedbankIMC2023