Before that, she was head of Nova Entertainment for 12 years after beginning her career in radio sales.
O’Connor is now leading the strategic evolution of oOh!’s business model at a time of rapid change, says WOO.
She is capitalising on the following company’s investments to target sustained growth:
- audience insights
- content, and
She is also:
- a governor of the Cerebral Palsy Alliance Research Foundation
- chairperson of the Sony Foundation, and
- a former server on the Commercial Radio Australia Board.
O’Connor will open the second day of the forum. Her focus will be the ‘Science of Out-of-Home’, covering:
- audience measurement
- the importance of data, and
- the increasing impact of the range of Adtech developments on the sector.
According to WOO, her many achievements include the following:
- a Telstra NSW Business Women’s Award for the Private Sector
- a Centenary Medal for Service to the Australian Society in Business Leadership
- induction into the Commercial Radio Hall of Fame, and
- the number one position in the B&T Women in Media Power List for 2022.
Predecessor Brendon Cook was a long-time WOO board member and the recipient of WOO’s Lifetime Achievement Award at 2022’s Global Congress in Toronto.
WOO President Tom Goddard says, “We’re delighted to welcome O’Connor to our APAC Forum in October. She is a key member of the generation of dynamic media executives who are transforming not just OOH, but the wider media landscape.”
“It’s especially pleasing to welcome her as it builds on the long relationship WOO, and before that FEPE international, has had with oOh!media,” concludes Goddard.
More details of the speaker programme will follow shortly.
WOO October APAC Forum Cathy O’Connor World Out of Home Organization APAC Forum 2022 Out-of-home OOH Madison World Marketing Advertising Advertising events Advertising forums Virtual forums